We offer several options to new parents who are preparing for the arrival of their newest family member(s).
While each workshop focuses on a different area, they compliment each other nicely, and offer the complete spectrum of education as a whole. You may choose to attend as many workshops as you desire! At the end of your workshops, we promise you will leave with wonderful new friends, a feeling of empowerment, and a stronger connection with each other, and your baby.
Childbirth Preparation & Prenatal Wellness
Preparing for the birth of your baby can be overwhelming, especially with so many people offering vastly different advice and personal stories! We tailor each class to suit the participants individual needs and circumstances, in order to ensure everyone leaves with the information they’re looking for. Discussions include:
- thoughtful decision making
- maintaining positive relationships with your care providers, while advocating for your rights
- understanding the birth process, signs of labour and what to expect throughout
- comfort measure and positioning for labour
- medical interventions and complications
- breastfeeding: getting off to a good start (breastfeeding is covered more extensively in our Postpartum Planning Workshop)
This class is 3 hours in length, and generally runs in a group setting on an evening or weekend. Please check the calendar for upcoming class dates.
**Private classes may also be arranged. Please contact us for more details**
Planning for Your Postpartum
“Planning for your Postpartum” is an important workshop for expecting parents, that will give you an idea of what to expect in your first 6-8 weeks postpartum, and prepare you for a positive transition into parenthood. Whether this is your first born, or 2nd or 3rd, these practical tips and valuable resources will be an asset to your physical and mental well-being. Topics include:
- Breastfeeding: perfecting your latch, troubleshooting common issues and recognizing when to seek additional support
- Postpartum mental health: what normal postpartum emotions feel like, warning signs, and community resources
- Postpartum nutrition and increasing energy levels
- Normal newborn behaviour, what to expect in the first weeks and warning signs to look out for
- Home organization and creating a restful environment
- Physical health and healing for new moms
This class is 3 hours in length, and generally runs in a group setting on a weekend or evening. Please check the calendar for upcoming class dates.
**Private classes may also be arranged. Please contact us for details!**
Comfort Measures for Labour
Labour is often in intense and lengthy process that without the proper understanding, support, and comfort tools, can easily overwhelm a woman. There are many natural ways to find comfort, which we will explore in this hands-on workshop.
We will prepare you with all of the tools and information you need to go into your labour and birth with confidence, prepared to face the unknown. Utilizing hydrotherapy, heat, cold, counter pressure techniques and other natural comfort measures – you will leave with new coping skills and an empowered partner, prepared to walk through this journey with you.
Whether you are planning an unmedicated birth, or plan to have an epidural, the techniques learned in this workshop will assist you in staying comfortable for as long as you’d like, without the use of medications.
This workshop is 2 hours in length, and each participant will receive a take-home package including visual reminders, and hands-on tools to utilize during labour. Pease check the calendar for upcoming dates.
To register, please submit the following information: